Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

Here is a song dedicated to my father....


===============================================
Then came my mid-year vacation.
This time, I'll be flying from HK Airport.
As i queued up to get my boarding pass,
I noticed that my flight to Manila
will be filled with all my kababayans.
Not long after, we're all seated inside the plane waiting for the
takeoff. From the chit chats of the passengers,
I'm sure most are all OFW like me. 
Everyone had its own stories, some sad but most are happy.
"Hay sa wakas makakauwi din ako".
"San ka sa hongkong?"
"Matutuwa bunso ko sa dala kong ipod."
From the look in their eyes. there is so much excitement and jubilation.


It was my first vacation.
As everyone talks with fellow passengers in the plane, the picture of my father was in my mind.
He used to be an OFW and I'm sure, he was in the same seat,
uttering the same words, gleaming the same joy
and having the same feeling as everyone.....


"Sana kasya kila Atcha yung nabili kong sapatos, matutuwa si Robert sa dala kong relo,
si Roy at Ryan kilala kaya ako? Maganda yung kwintas na dala ko kay Bot at Rocel."


Twenty long years of hard work....of homesick.
A vacation every two years.
Every flight must have been filled with emotions, with tears,
eagerness to embrace his wife, sons and daughter.
All his life, he worked for us, for his family.
Taking sacrifices night and day.

Like what they use to say...
no words are enough to express our gratitude to our Father.
The best Tatay in the whole world.
He did everything for us,
he gave everything for us.
And the best of it all!
He is the one who modeled to us
the true value of knowing, loving and serving
our Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.


From my wife and Rebecca.
We love you so much Tay
Happy Happy Father's Day!